X.小王子

VIP免费
2025-01-08 1 0 621.75KB 29 页 5.9玖币
侵权投诉
在我六岁的时候 Once, when I was six years old,
读到过一本讲原始森林的书 I read a book about the primeval forest.
书里说 The book said,
蟒蛇会把猎物整只吞下 "Boa constrictors swallow their prey whole,"
嚼都不嚼 "without chewing it."
我深深地思考后 I pondered this deeply.
画了我人生中的第一幅画 And then, I made my rst drawing.
我把我的大作拿给大人们看 I showed my masterpiece to grown ups
问他们害怕不害怕 and asked if the drawing frightened them.
害怕? Frightened?
有谁会害怕一顶帽子 Why should anyone be frightened of a hat?
这些大人们 Grown ups.
靠他们自己什么都搞不懂 They never understand anything by themselves.
所以我又画了一幅 So, I made another drawing.
唉 我建议你还是专心学算术吧 Geez. My advice is sck to arithmec.
学历史 学语文 History. And grammar.
我听了他们的话 I took their advice
然后 我长大了 and I grew up.
我忘记了所有孩童时期的感受 I forgot all about being a child
直到有一天 神奇的事情发生了 unl something miraculous happened.
其实我一直很想找个人分享这个故事 只是 I've always wanted to nd someone to share this story with,
but...
我说不上来 I don't know...
也许这个世界太像大人 太过成熟了 I guess this world just... got too grown up.
早上好 今天头等大事 Good morning, in maers of consequence today,
数字经过整理 计算再计算 gures were managed, counted and...
破纪录的数字 被写到纸上 Record breaking numbers were wrien down on pieces of paper,
送到银行 放到抽屉里面 再用钥匙锁好 taken to the bank, placed in the drawers and locked with keys.
抬头挺胸 Back straight.
专心听讲 Listening aenvely.
专心 Listening.
没事别眨眼睛 No excessive blinking.
专心听讲 Listening.
让我受宠若惊 Unexpected praise.
明白了 十分感谢 Acknowledge and "Thank you."
现在笑一笑 宝贝 露出牙齿 It's a smile, sweee. Show your teeth.
别露太多 Not too much.
很好 Good.
好了 记住一点 OK, now remember,
投票调查和历史数据显示 exit polling and historical data tell us
当考官们倾向录取你时 if the panel is leaning toward acceptance,
他们就会问 那个问题 they will ask only one queson.
终极问题 The big queson.
你具备上沃思学院的潜质吗 Are you Werth Academy material?
是的 我有 Yes, I am.
三件事证明我有上沃思学院的潜质 Three things make me Werth Academy material...
零一七号 Zero One Seven?
走吧 Go on.
我们看了你的申请资料 不错 We've reviewed your applicaon. Good.
谢谢您 Thank you!
我们看了你的成绩单 We've reviewed your transcripts.
谢 谢谢您 Thank... you.
我们看了你的小论文 We've read your essay,
零对最终结果的变革力量 "The Transformave Power of Zero on the Boom Line"
和后续的《零依旧很灵》 and the follow up, "Zero, Sll My Hero".
不错 你做的很好 Yes, you've done your work.
各方面都很完美 Everything looks to be in place.
最后我们再问你一个问题 We will ask you just one queson today.
终极问题 The big queson!
你具备上沃思学院的潜质吗 "Are you Werth Academy material?"
长大以后 你想要做什么 What will you be when you grow up?
是的 我有 Yes, I am.
三件事证明我有上沃思的潜质 Three things make me Werth Academy material.
不 不 No. No.
第一 像沃思一样 我非常理性 One, like Werth, I am sensible.
第二 像沃思一样 我非常认真 Two, like Werth, I am serious.
快停下 第三 Stop! Three...
像 沃思 like Werth...
我 坚持 my unwavering...
快停下 快停下 Abort. Abort.
不移的 concern with...
信念 faith...
谢谢您 Thank you.
宝贝 Sweee!
看样子 他们把终极问题改了 Apparently, they changed the big queson.
抱歉 妈妈 I'm sorry, Mom.
不要抱歉 Don't be.
只是我们必须改用B计划了 We're just gonna have to go to Plan B.
B计划? B?
你说过备用计划是天方夜谭 You said Plan B was impossible!
所以我们才用了A计划 That's why we went with Plan A.
B计划就是新的A计划 Plan B is the new Plan A.
我们要不断前进 We're moving forward!
划定学区范围 搞定 Neighbourhood idened. Check.
如果奇迹出现 If by some miracle
我们在这个学区 能找到一栋不太贵的房子 we can nd a house in the neighborhood we can aord,
学校就只能收你入学了 they have to take you.
出售房屋 降价
确认 确认 Check. Check.
搞定 Check.
搬家车 搞定 Moving truck, check.
全球 搬运
暑假的第一天
正经严肃人士的头等大事 桥牌 高尔夫 政治 Maers of consequence for the serious and sensible man
who...
我们成功了 We did it!
不管他们想不想收你 你都要去沃思学院啦 You're going to Werth Academy whether they want you or
not.
不管火山是死是活 对于我们来说都是一样 Volcanoes are exnct or alive, it comes to the same thing for
us.
人们永远不会对现状感到满足 No one is ever sased where he is, or pursuing nothing...
我们的新家 搞定 Our new home. Check.
现在 还能换C计划么 Is it too late for a Plan C?
你要时刻提醒自己 Just keep reminding yourself:
因为有那栋房子 我们才能买得起这栋房子 that house made this house available,
你才能有光明的未来 and made your future possible.
妈妈 Mom?
你真觉得我具备 上沃思的潜质么 Do you really think I'm Werth Academy material?
过完这个暑假你就具备了 You will be by the end of the summer
因为我为你制定了一个计划 bacause I've designed a plan.
真准时 Right on me.
这个计划叫 你的人生大计 I call it your life plan.
我的人生大计 My life plan?
人生大计 Life plan.
我们要把命运掌握在自己手里 We're not leaving anything to chance.
要做的都在这儿 Everything's here.
从上到下 从左到右 Oriented top to boom. Le to right.
现在我们来看一下 Let's take a closer look.
从每一分钟到每一小时 The minute of the hour, hour of the day,
每一天 每一星期 每个月 day of the week, week of the month, month of the year,
每一年 到你的这一生 the year of your life.
都有了 懂了吗 Everything! Got it?
连你每年的的生日礼物 都有一张计划表 It's even got a chart for all your birthday gis.
比如今年你九岁 生日礼物是显微镜 Like your ninth birthday, coming up. Microscope.
你上沃思学院的生物课 正好能用 Perfect for the Werth Academy biology curriculum.
都已经包好了 It's already wrapped.
没错 厉害吧 Wow! Yes. "Wow!"
但是现在 你要集中精神应对这个 But for now, all your aenon should be focused here.
去新学校报到的第一天 The rst day of your new school.
沃思 学院
我们有53天时间做准备 We've got 53 days of prep me,
听上去不算多 which doesn't sound like much,
换算成小时 只有1272个小时 unl you break it into hours, 1,272.
换算成分钟 就只有76320分钟 Or minutes, 76,320.
你会发现 原来你能完成那么多事情 Only then do you realise how much can be accomplished.
你要根据这张表来安排你的每一分钟每小时每一天 You will use those minutes, hours and days according
to this.
跟你直说吧 Because, let's face it,
进入社会 你就只能靠自己 you're going to be all alone out there.
独自奋战 All alone.
所以 So...
我们不能有面试时那样的失误了 we can't aord any more mistakes, like the interview.
好 好的 All... right.
你一定会长成一个出色的大人 You're going to make a wonderful grown up.
谢谢妈妈 Thank you, Mom.
我也想留下来 宝贝 I wish I could stay, sweee,
可审计的戴维斯又来了 but it's the Davis audit, again.
米勒又没查出凯莉的计算错误 The Kelly numbers on the Miller oversite are sll problemac.
而且这次被范思逮到了 Only this me Fines caught wind of it now,
现在洛根吓坏了 Logan's in a panic.
费舍又让大家什么都别干 And Fisher wants nothing to do with it...
洛根 Logan.
现在只能由我去 把事情补救回来 Now I've goa go in... And make it all balance out.
我都不确定 我能不能做到 I'm not even sure that's possible.
这件事只有你能做到 你去吧 If anyone can do it, it's you. You go.
我有人生大计呢 I've got the life plan!
你最让妈妈省心了 You're my senior VP.
好了 OK.
汽油 Gas.
不不不不不 No no no no no.
先要拴紧 Tempo.
下次一定要先把螺栓拴紧 Exert. Things are talent before you go in.
有人在吗 Anybody home?
螺旋桨 Bolts.
小心 Pay aenon.
别把最简单的事儿搞砸了 Don't screw up except those thing.
我本来还不相信 他后院里真的有架飞机 I didn't actually believe he had a plane back there.
我以为那老头 好几年前就升天了 I think the old guy ew away years ago.
谢天谢地 我们没住在他家隔壁 I'm just thankful we don't live next door to him.
收到 Roger that.
你们好 Well, hello there.
警官 下午好 A very good aernoon to you, Ocer.
朋友们 Friends!
是这样的 我刚刚专心在玩桥牌 I was just... I was immersed in a game of bridge.
一起玩么 Do you play?
先生 你是不是又要发动那架飞机啦 Sir, did you try to start your plane again?
是的 没错 Yes, yes, I did.
我很抱歉 真的非常抱歉 I'm terribly, terribly sorry.
我给隔壁人家 造成了巨大的损失 I do believe I have caused extensive damage to the house next door.
要抓我么 Downtown?
那倒不至于 I'd rather not.
稍等 Hold on. Hold on.
我记得就在这里 怎么啦 I know it's here, somewhere. What?
找到了 先生 Found it! Sir...
我回来了 我买了中餐回来 Hey, I'm home. I brought Chinese.
妈妈 你在这呀 Mom? Oh. Hi.
你回来了 Hi.
你哪儿来这么多零钱 Where did you get the pennies?
隔壁老爷爷给的 什么 From the old man next door. What?
实际上 是警察叔叔给我的 Actually, it was the police ocer who "gave" them to me.
什么 What?
竟然有人放一架飞机在家里 What kind of a nut keeps an aeroplane
还想在后院开起来 and actually starts it in his backyard?
宝贝 你真的没事吗 Honey, are you sure you're OK?
我得打电话给保险公司 打过了 I have to call insurance agent. Done it.
还要填报案表 填好了 一式两份 And le a police report. Done. In duplicate.
现场照片呢 里外都拍了 Photo documentaon? Inside and outside.
就是效果差了点 Doubt it could have been beer.
还不算太糟嘛 It's not so bad.
明早给承包商打电话 We'll call a contractor in the morning
然后把隔壁老头彻底忘掉 and we'll forget the old man even exists.
忘掉了 Forgoen.
今晚最重要的事情 Maers of consequence this evening,
我们再来看下今天翻新的数字吧 let's recap today's recaps.
今天的市场活动都有详细记录 Today's market acvity with a detailed account...
看下今日编号 Secon number of the day.
还有其他上百个 There are also hundreds of others...
很久以前 有一个小王子 "Once upon a me there is a lile prince"
住在一个 只比他大一点点的星球上 "who lived on a planet that was scarcely bigger than himself,"
他很想要 "and who had need of..."
一个朋友 A friend?
我觉得你该交个朋友 I thought you could use a friend!
不 我在这里 在上面 No, no, here I am, up here.
对 在这儿呢 你好 Yep! Here! Hi.
别这样 那只是个故事的开头 I'm sorry. That's just the beginning of the story.
没关系 反正也没人能理解 It's OK. Nobody understands it anyway.
好吧 再见 但愿吧 All right. Bye bye. See you later. Maybe.
她发出了可怕噪音 She made the most frighul noise.
摘要:

在我六岁的时候Once,whenIwassixyearsold,读到过一本讲原始森林的书Ireadabookabouttheprimevalforest.书里说Thebooksaid,蟒蛇会把猎物整只吞下"Boaconstrictorsswallowtheirpreywhole,"嚼都不嚼"withoutchewingit."我深深地思考后Iponderedthisdeeply.画了我人生中的第一幅画Andthen,Imademyfirstdrawing.我把我的大作拿给大人们看Ishowedmymasterpiecetogrownups问他们害怕不害怕andaskedifthedrawing...

展开>> 收起<<
X.小王子.pdf

共29页,预览6页

还剩页未读, 继续阅读

声明:本站为文档C2C交易模式,即用户上传的文档直接被用户下载,本站只是中间服务平台,本站所有文档下载所得的收益归上传人(含作者)所有。玖贝云文库仅提供信息存储空间,仅对用户上传内容的表现方式做保护处理,对上载内容本身不做任何修改或编辑。若文档所含内容侵犯了您的版权或隐私,请立即通知玖贝云文库,我们立即给予删除!
分类:外语学习 价格:5.9玖币 属性:29 页 大小:621.75KB 格式:PDF 时间:2025-01-08

开通VIP享超值会员特权

  • 多端同步记录
  • 高速下载文档
  • 免费文档工具
  • 分享文档赚钱
  • 每日登录抽奖
  • 优质衍生服务
/ 29
客服
关注